Birch can run through the Bash shell on Windows 10.
If you have not done so already, activate the developer mode:
- Go to Settings.
- Go to Update and security.
- Go to For developer.
- Activate the developer mode.
- Wait for the package configuration.
Then configure the Bash shell:
- Go to Control panel.
- Go to Programs and features.
- Go to Turn Windows features on or off.
- Check Windows subsystem for Linux.
- Press OK.
- Restart Windows.
- Afer the restart open the Command prompt (search for
Run the command:
sh lxrun /install /y
Open the program Bash on Ubuntu on Windows (search for
Bash). This is a fully-functional Linux Bash shell with access to the Ubuntu repository. You can also access the file system using the usual Bash commands, noting that the folder
Update Linux packages:
sh apt-get upgrade apt-get update
With the Bash shell now working, follow the instructions for Ubuntu Linux to install dependencies.